Saturday School Dates & Rules 15-16
Letters of Notification will be mailed home to students without a valid excuse for increments of three period absences of more than 30 minutes in any one period during the school day. Students who receive a Letter of Notification after the first three truancies of thirty minutes or more will be assigned Saturday School on specified weekends from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday School is held on specific Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Dates are posted below. Latecomers will not be admitted after 8:30 a.m. Students will be dismissed four hours from the time they sign in.
- No electronic devices are allowed. They will be confiscated.
- If you do not attend Saturday School, the Sheriff’s Department may issue a citation of truancy. Last-minute discrepancies between student accounts and Attendance Office records will result in Saturday School being reassigned to the next-session to reconcile the situation.
- Breaks are held from 10:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. sharp. Food service is available.
- Students will not be allowed to leave Saturday School early.
- For student safety and supervision, students will only be allowed to go to the restrooms, their lockers, etc. during designated breaks.
- Students will be required to bring and complete school work during Saturday School and may be required to clean up areas of the school.
- Students will not be allowed to sleep or appear to be sleeping (head on desk).
- Students will not be allowed to talk to other students during Saturday School.
- Students will not be allowed to use any audio visual/communication devices during Saturday School (electrionic devices, etc.)
- School rules and Dress Code apply. A student not complying will be asked to leave, resulting in further disciplinary consequences.
- If you cannot attend Saturday School, notify Cheryl in the Main Office with a note to be reassigned.
- Students must remain on campus. Leaving for the Village, Quick Stop or parking lots will not be allowed. You will not be allowed back into Saturday School.
- If a student does not arrive on time, fails to meet a Saturday School guideline, or leaves early at any point, the Saturday School session will be considered unsuccessful – no credit for make-up hours will be awarded.
Saturday School Dates
Soquel High School 2015 - 2016
- August 29, 2015
- September 12, 2015
- October 3, 2015
October 17, 2015
- October 31, 2015
November 7, 2015
November 21, 2015
December 5, 2015
- January 9, 2016
- January 30, 2016
- February 27, 2016
- March 12, 2016
- March 26, 2016
- April 16, 2016
- April 30, 2016
- May 14, 2016
* - Denotes concurrent day of either SAT or ACT Testing dates.
For Community Service Options for Saturday School - Click Here